Mr Rhode Island Red Posted July 21, 2012 Share Posted July 21, 2012 I have bought 3 new pullets to replace the hens I have lost in the past month. According to the salesman, they were aged: 2 hens aged 24 wks 1 hen aged 21 wks One of those hens (Rhode Island Red, Black Rock, Light Sussex) is already laying and the two hens aged 24 wks are ganging up on the younger hen. I am wondering when I can move them in with my main flock (at what age) so the hen that is being picked on will have more room to "evade attacks". They are currently residing in an ark. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jambo Posted May 19, 2013 Share Posted May 19, 2013 Hi I'm new to this forum but have had chickens for the last two years I too have just got 5 new pullets, because I got them from a reputable poultry seller had no worries of introducing them to my main flock of 5 and had the same thing that to start of with my Maran Cuirvee (Flo) and my Redco (Audrey) who are the youngest of the main flock started picking on the new ones mainly the Bovans Nera (Winnie) who the supplier informed me is only 16weeks but this went on for about a week but now has seemed to have stopped as they've found there "pecking order" as such Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jambo Posted May 19, 2013 Share Posted May 19, 2013 Sorry I meant to add that all of the new pullets are around 16-20weeks old and have all integrated fine the only problems is around the food the original 5 have to eat first and peck the new ones if they try to eat at the same time but I'm sure that will change as they were only introduced just over a week ago On a separate note I've noticed under other people's post they have listed what hens they have and I can't seem to figure out how to do it could anyone let me know how you do it Thanks James Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted May 20, 2013 Share Posted May 20, 2013 Some advice from the Frequently Asked Questions section on managing intros here Jambo - the answer to your question can also be found in the FAQ section. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...