abwsco Posted July 26, 2012 Share Posted July 26, 2012 Does anyone golf? DH is going back to it after not having played for 30 years so I went along to the driving range last night wth him. Insisted I wanted a go never having swung a golf club before and OMG I loved it and could actually hit the balls and even better most of them went straight and I only had six bad shots out of 30ish balls. DH said after that he didn't even think I'd be able to hit one ball properly or my neck would go and he'd end up taking me to A & E Providing my neck and shoulders don't cause me anymore grief than they normally do I'm going to get a set of golf clubs as my silver wedding anniversary present Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kinsk Posted July 26, 2012 Share Posted July 26, 2012 I play occasionally with my Dad and love it. I'd also see if you can get a few lessons thrown in with your present so that you are on the right track from the beginning and don't have to undo any bad habits later on. Hope the neck holds up. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted July 26, 2012 Author Share Posted July 26, 2012 I play occasionally with my Dad and love it. I'd also see if you can get a few lessons thrown in with your present so that you are on the right track from the beginning and don't have to undo any bad habits later on. Hope the neck holds up. Thanks kinsk, have been to the range again tonight and all being well am off to mini golf tomorrow night. Should be good for a laugh if nothing else -lol Am going to mention lessons as well Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 3, 2012 Author Share Posted August 3, 2012 Think I have a new addiction forming Mini golf but still 18 holes as well as driving range spread over three days last week. Set of clubs and bag bought off ebay last night. Mini golf and driving range again today. Called into local pub after mini golf and had huge cooked breakfast which was delicious. A lovely day off work for both of us Mini golf again tomorrow after lunch out with the in-laws and I think DH wants to take me out shopping for golf shoes and clothing tomorrow. Big plus as well is that my neck and shoulders are looser than they normally are. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 5, 2012 Share Posted August 5, 2012 I love golf I've not played for about a year, but I had lesson I've never played on 18 hole course, but it's a plan for one day this holiday It's great you enjoy it Cathy X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 5, 2012 Author Share Posted August 5, 2012 I love golf I've not played for about a year, but I had lesson I've never played on 18 hole course, but it's a plan for one day this holiday It's great you enjoy it Cathy X Ohh, I know who to come to then Cathy I'm booked in for a free ladies only two hour taster session at one of the local golf clubs for two weeks time and will be finding out about lessons then as they're going to be doing a cheaper group rate. Lesson seem to be at least £35 for an hour of one to one tuition round here Not bad if I only needed one but there's more chance of flying pigs than that-lols Hope you enjoy your 18 hole round Cathy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 5, 2012 Share Posted August 5, 2012 I had lessons in a group, I think there were 6 of us, we had a scream I can't wait to pick up again Oh, have you looked in sports direct for golf gear? They have some good bargains Cathy X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 5, 2012 Author Share Posted August 5, 2012 I had lessons in a group, I think there were 6 of us, we had a scream I can't wait to pick up again Oh, have you looked in sports direct for golf gear? They have some good bargains Cathy X Ooh, that sounds promising How many did you have? Went to Sports Direct yesterday and have got shoes and a couple of tops. Ordered waterproofs and trousers online as it was cheaper and I found a free delivery code. Should add that I am getting geared up now before I've even had a lesson as DH wants be to be his caddy in a couple of weeks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 5, 2012 Share Posted August 5, 2012 (edited) I had 3 lots of 6 week courses. Beginners (this is a golf club ) the advanced (edit...I meant intermediate ) (how to get out of a bunker ) and advanced (this is a golf course!) I can't remember how much they were though , oh well Cathy X Edited August 6, 2012 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 5, 2012 Author Share Posted August 5, 2012 Cheers Cathy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 8, 2012 Author Share Posted August 8, 2012 Bargainous clubs, full bag set and covers are here and some of them had an outing at the driving range last night. Think they enjoyed it All clothing arrived but the weather resistant trousers are damn near the same as the waterproof ones so they're going to be swapped. Best of all is that the group lessons are only £50 for a course of six so an affordable amount Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 8, 2012 Share Posted August 8, 2012 Yay! Golfy girls rule! It's kevs (big) birthday at the end of the month and he is telling me that I'll be doing a round of golf....with the boys What's your local course like? Ours is right next to the beach it's very very windy! Cathy X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 8, 2012 Author Share Posted August 8, 2012 Ooh a round of golf with the boys sounds good Cathy Golf courses, well we're spolit for choice but some of the prices for membership are eyewatering (some not even available to view) and visitor fees are dear as well. We're a five minute walk to the entrance is Royal Lytham and St Annes but I don't think I'll ever be playing on there We've then another links course which is used as qualifiers for the Open. Then the course I'll be doing my taster and lessons at hosted the Junior Open in July. We've then got another good course a short drive away. Infact there's loads more around and I hadn't realised just how many golf courses there are that are under a 30 minute drive away. DH and his friend have played at one that's about 20 minute drive away and reasonable cost the other week which he says he'll take me to when I can manage a game. They're driving over an hour next week to go to one which has a special on of £14 for the 18 holes and it even includes burger and chips afterwards -lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 17, 2012 Author Share Posted August 17, 2012 Well, I'm getting all excited for Sunday Driving range again last night and managed to get a ball further than 100 yards plus also got one in the "paddling pool" aka the pin which neither DH or his friend have done. Didn't tell them I wasn't aiming there though DH has just said he thinks he may have created a monster as I wanted to go again tonight. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 18, 2012 Share Posted August 18, 2012 Brilliant Hey I'm looking at short golfing breaks kev has decided that he wants to go away...maybe Portugal for a golfy break for his holiday I'm now looking for summer golfy dresses (do I need another reason to shop? ) Exciting Cathy X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 18, 2012 Author Share Posted August 18, 2012 Oooh, that sounds exciting Cathy You'll have to let me have all the details when you've done it as DH fancies doing something like that next year. I've also bought golf insurance cover for both of us. Only cost £52 to cover us both. £5 million personal liability, clubs are covered and other stuff as well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 18, 2012 Share Posted August 18, 2012 Oh, what a good idea. Where did you get that from? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 18, 2012 Author Share Posted August 18, 2012 Carrick Neill here Cathy linky Really didn't think it was worth the risk of not having it now we seem to be a nation who sues at the drop of a hat Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 20, 2012 Author Share Posted August 20, 2012 Guess who is playing 18 holes on Saturday Cathy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperwife Posted August 20, 2012 Share Posted August 20, 2012 fantastic Doesn't look like we will get away golfing this holiday but I will play next week Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 25, 2012 Author Share Posted August 25, 2012 Well, I survived my first round of golf and even enjoyed it-lols Horrendous rain as we were loading the car up and driving to the course but it stopped before we got there and even got quite warm. I had to hide behind some trees to take off a vest t-shirt I had underneath my golf top Managed to get in three bunkers but got out of them easily enough. Lost a ball in a water hazard on the last hole Score was under three times the par which is what I aimed for and I even beat DH on one hole lols In summary, I'm shattered (word really begins with kn-lols), neck and shoulders are sore, general aching and I'm going to have to chase the pro up re lessons as he hasn't rung when he said he would. Oh, and best of all DH said I did well and he will go with me again Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...