beach chick

Bonding - not going so well??

hi all - ages since I've been here... but have a bunny bonding issue and hope someone can help.

we have mum and dad bunnies who are a beautiful pair; then their 2 sons, Harry and Niall who are now a year old. they were only finally neutered 2 weeks ago, but have been living in separate hutches at night and adjacent runs during the day for the last 6 months with the odd s"Ooops, word censored!" between the bars but generally pretty ok.

so today was the day to try and bond them back together. there was intense fur flying for a few minutes, we had a squeezy water bottle on hand for distraction, and they have spent most of the day ignoring each other. Niall is much more confident and seems pretty happy, Harry is hiding in one of the boxes we put in for distraction and looks scared.

what do we do tonight?? leave them in the outdoor run together so as not to interrupt the process, or put them back in their hutches (one above the other). thanks in advance if you can advise. bringing them indoors is not an option!

hi lily - we have almost given up, things went from bad to worse and poor Harry is a bit scuffed up. So for now they are separated again.

I think they may have to live the single life - they are out in runs every day where they can see each other and their mum and dad, and touch noses with mum and dad but not each other, and that seems to be quite calm. It seems to me that the only alternative is to get them a friend each, but I really dont want 6 rabbits (only planned on 2)!