Has anyone found a sure-fire way of keeping slugs out of a rabbit hutch? Had to evict about 30 out of Flash's hutch late last night - he was thumping to tell us that there was something wrong. They all seem to go after his food pot; the slimy little beggars were lined up around the rim of the bowl like piglets feeding.

I've tried copper tape in the past with no success.

I get this also... snails and slugs, they are revolting... I've tried putting broken egg shells round the outside of the hutch but still they get in. glad you mentioned about the copper tape, that was my next trial... but if you say that also doesn't work... Is it because we've had such a wet year???

Have had some success. :D Gave the hutch a really good clean out, checking in recesses and underneath ledges for the little bu99ers to make sure none remained inside. Bought a large bag of table salt. Cut the corner off the bag - a small cut to give about a 10mm opening. Then poured a continuous "bead" around the hutch on the floor, and around the edge of the top floor (it's a two tier hutch) where the food bowl was. Basically, anywhere where slug trails could be seen. That has helped hugely, and it's surprising how long the salt has remained in place, even in the rain. Just keep checking the salt "ramparts" for breaches and refill as necessary. After a couple of days, there was almost no trace of them.