Hi all, just a quick last minute panic before i pick up my chooks tomorrow! ive got my eglu on a table in a WIR, and we have attached a plank from a pallet along the side of the WIR leading to a ramp which goes down to the floor. I'm slightly worried now that because the plank is attached to the side of the WIR, it might not be wide enough for them to walk along? its wyandotte bantams i am getting, would they need a wider ledge to walk along??

oh thats brilliant, thanks so much for going out to measure it! hope you had many layers on (its cold here in cheshire so must be chilly in Edinburgh!!). i feel reassured now, i forget that the feathers would be bulking them up- i had visions of them toppling over the side :lol:

aw bless :) wish mine wasnt at the end of the garden! mind you the garden isnt that long it just feels that way in freezing conditions!

im still not sure they have worked it out, although there was poop on there so maybe one had a go?? anyway i have managed to persuade OH that we need to extend the shelf into a mezzanine level with a couple more planks from the pallet we've got, so that they girls have got a bit more room at the same time. im a bit worried if they just keep jumping all the way down!