quickcluck Posted March 11, 2013 Share Posted March 11, 2013 Does anyone have any ideas how make one? I've done some 3D cakes before, but am drawing a blank on this..... It's a short notice thing, so if not i'll make cupcakes!!! Thanks K Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
soapdragon Posted March 11, 2013 Share Posted March 11, 2013 Sorry, I can't hekp with the practicalities but just wanted to say 'hats off to you' I can just about manage a basic sponge - usual shape! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lydia Posted March 13, 2013 Share Posted March 13, 2013 This might be too late as I've only just seen this. There's a book of cakes by Lindy Smith which has a cake in the shape of a child's tonka toy type car in it. I was thinking you could use the basic shape and technique of that cake and just make it more fiat like. I can't remember the title of the book unfortunately but I have it somewhere at home and can scan that bit for you if you like. Failing that most cake shops have tins in the shape of cars that you can hire. Not quite 3D but next best thing. Good luck! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted March 13, 2013 Author Share Posted March 13, 2013 Due to a virus ive decided to wimp out and take the easy option of a handbag cake instead Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...