Monty14 Posted March 23, 2013 Share Posted March 23, 2013 I've got a Lavender Araucana that is now over 2 years old and has never laid an egg. She has been a magnet for any bug going and went quite anaemic looking last summer - we treated her repeatedly with the usual preparations but then went with the Omlet Forum advice and bathed her with flea shampoo and dropped ivermectin on her which finally seems to have cleared her over winter. She now has a nice pink comb (as opposed to no colour at all!) and goes in the nest box, sits and comes out doing the 'I've laid an egg' cluck, but there is no egg. Is she a late bloomer or a false layer? Any advice, especially from Araucana owners, would be welcome as I've not owned this breed before. All my other girls are well into the laying swing Mabel - Speckledy Daisy - Black Orpington Lily - White Star Jasmine - Cheshire Jasmine Hinge - Cuckoo Marans Bracket - Warren Tilly - Araucana Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sparkysmum Posted March 27, 2013 Share Posted March 27, 2013 Hi, no real advice, am sorry I'm afraid my araucana is as tough as old boots is 4 yrs old, and a frequent layer over a short season. It may well be just the way she is. I have a light sussex who is 18mths old, in absolute top condition, but has never ever laid even one egg with a shell. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Monty14 Posted April 2, 2013 Author Share Posted April 2, 2013 Ah well, all the others are laying so Tilly just gets free bed and board! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...