redbug

British Quilt & Stitch Village 2013

Had a great day Pam. It's a nice location for a show and about the right size with a mix of quilting and embroidery.

I loved watching the Tentmakers of Cairo man whizzing through his applique. I bought a small piece years ago and treasure it. I bought some beautiful felt from 'Batiks and Beads' and quite a few lots of variegated thread for quilting, a few fat quarters, embellishments and 2 pieces of cake :oops::lol:

Have a great time tomorrow. :D

It was a very good sized show and the quilts displayed were wonderful although I think a few quilt makers on here would or should enter as they would get one of the top 3 places. :D:D

I also liked the free parking plenty to see and not too cramped. My GD and I did a class on hand quilting - my GD a natural with a thimble myself found using a thimble extremely cag handed (sp). The tutor Anne Jermey was extremely knowledgable. My GD wants to join the young quilters groups. (So I have to do a bit of research).

Plum the Tentmakers of Cairo were brilliant I can just imagine how beautiful the interiors of those tents would have been.

I was very good did not buy very much just needles/cotton I want to get a square ruler at the show at Malvern. :)

No I have't been to the Malvern show. I have booked my ticket on line (bit cheaper) need to book tickets before the 3rd or only at the door prices.

I also booked at 50% discount for the autumn show. So I hope I like it. :D:D

Have you been to the show?

I do, I go every year at least once. It's a lovely setting and the weather is usually good but it gets hot inside so be prepared to strip off and if it's windy it can be quite alarming.

More traders than Uttoxeter and more notions so you can get stuff you don't see elsewhere. Doughty's and others are there so you can get real bargains. I like the Italian and French restaurants in Worcester afterwards :drool:

The quilts are a mixed bunch but usually quite a bit to inspire, bit like Uttoxeter and nothing like the standard at FOQ you must go to that it's breathtaking.