CharLeila

Small flies in my cube.

Morning all,

Just been doing my weekly clean out and there seems to be loads of tiny flies crawling around on the poo trays.

Any ideas?

Also a few of my girls still have issues with bald patches above their tail feathers. I have wormed them, used stockholm tar, tried lice/mite powder. I give them apple cider vinegar one a month and they have veg and mixed corn regularly but they are still bald. The patches are red and look a bit sore.

I just dont get how some people keep their birds at show standard? I want mine to be like that but just dont have the knowledge. Would a bath help with some sort of lice/mite killing additive in?

TIA

Paul

I know its not authorised for hens but I've used Frontline for cats (a drop on neck skin & one under each

wing)to rid of lice & things & its worked brilliantly, I've had this ok'd by a vet.

I would think good disinfect & dusting the trays with diatom or a little ant powder (permethrin) may help

keep the bugs away