Princess Leia

When to buy?

Since Scramble was PTS last October, Poppy (now AKA Hen Solo) has been fine on her own in the Eglu Go. She's a Pepperpot, is 2 1/2 now and no longer lays (since Nov 2012).

We want to get more girls, but need to work out the best time to get them and what the ideal number would be (thinking two at the moment rather than one). Unfortunately, we don't have any alternative accommodation than the Go if introductions don't go well.

Any recommendations? Plus, if anyone can recommend a supplier in NW Leicestershire or South Derbyshire area it would be appreciated?

I would definitely get 2. As to when, well who knows. It was freezing in April last year, you could wait forever, I got 2 new girls last week.

As for mixing them straight away, I would worry that they would pick on hen solo. Do you have an old rabbit hutch? Great for emergencies. They could then get used to each other whilst free ranging. You never know though they might get on straight away. This has happened to me before.

Make sure you dust them with red mite powder as soon as you get them. I've made this a rule now. :)

Good luck, I hope you get some lovely girls, and post some lovely pics. :D