Dolly

Eating Aubiose

A couple of my girls appear to be eating the Aubiose in their run, as I've seen it quite clearly and regularly inside their droppings, I've even 'chopped it up' to check and its definitely in there. The droppings I've seen were on the lawn and not in the run, so its not because its got stuck on afterwards. I'm not sure if this will harm them in any way (might it block their digestive system?) or if its because of a deficiency etc. has anyone else had experience of this? Thanks,

My girls used to eat the Auboise which is one of the reasons I stopped using it, I then swopped to Rapport and they ate that as well, although not as much. Now Rapport no longer exists I use Easibed or Allbed and they hardly eat that at all (although I don't like it as much).

I worried it would cause a blockage but I didn't ever have any problems, I expect others on here will have some thoughts on this to help you.

Hi. I have just put my 2 chickens in new run with aubiose flooring and noticed they are eating it. I hoped it was a novelty thing as previously on wood chips and that they will stop soon.

Its odd as they had hemcore in nest box previously and I didn't notice them eating that. Will keep an eye on them and see what other responses you get!