alunee

First night - the hens are sleeping underneath the coop!

I think I referred to this before - a few years back, I spent some months working in Croydon. I had to be at an office for 9am and am generally a slow starter so would head to a local café from my hotel at around 8am to sink a couple of strong coffees. Same time, same place me and a fox would cross walking in opposite directions on the pavement, it would even look up as we passed. I was there maybe 2 or 3 days every fortnight, so presumably it had a daily routine.

As a child, living in the Pennines, a fox used to come into our back garden early evening and would quite happily share its space with us, 40 years ago now.

I don't have a problem with foxes, they should be tolerated, are indigenous, and are only doing what they have evolved to do: feed themselves and their family. Our responsibility is to look after and protect our hens to the best of our abilities. We've had good advice on here, so thank you.