Chooks-in-London Posted June 14, 2015 Share Posted June 14, 2015 Does anyone know if this cocoon coop would be suitable to put a broody hen in with hatching eggs to sit on? I have it spare and can keep the broody hen separately. I'd rather use what i have, than spend money on new equipment. URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271471530916&alt=web Could you also recommend any good reading books and links on hatching eggs and how to look after them? Accommodation, food etc. I've kept chickens for 3 years now but still feel like there's a lot to learn. Would buying fertile eggs on ebay be a bad idea? Many thanks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miller30 Posted June 15, 2015 Share Posted June 15, 2015 Hi I can't see the link but I'm sure it will be fine as long as predator proof and with a broody there's nothing for you to do other than keep her stocked in crumb and water the worry will be dealing with boys. I sell eggs on eBay there are some good and bad buyers and sellers just read feedback leanne Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted June 15, 2015 Share Posted June 15, 2015 Just make sure you have a plan for dealing with any males that hatch. It's one of the reasons I don't hatch! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...