Well my 2 and half year old Silver Amber who has laid constantly large beautiful eggs has this last 4 months laid rubbish large eggs with thin shells and very porous looking ones at that - she then took to eating her own eggs - they have layers pellets, a handful each of malted barley every day (distillery round here!) and they have grit and shell which I dry and process for them - they are wormed every 3 months and they free range all day and go to the field behind and have a rare time - I had to dispatch her via my vets on Thursday as she was trying to eat the other hens eggs as well - not a good one. Then we had to get another one - so it was another ginger ranger to match the one I have - Oh boy she is a big bully - our remaining older hen who is only a year and a half is so lovely and gentle she is not taking kindly to the new stranger bullying her - she keeps jumping up on to our backs as if to say save me! I have purchased a water pistol today to distract her from pecking the older hen when she turns her back to eat. This afternoon is not quite so bad as think she is getting the message I wont have it but oh me the stress as OH keeps saying go sort them out and there is really not a lot I can do.... Tomorrow is another day and goodness knows where the original hen has laid for last 2 days!!!