mjostephens@yahoo.com

Silkie Rooster

I am in Phoenix, Arizona, and I was wondering if anyone knows of another Phoenix chicken person who is allowed to have roosters and might want a Black Silkie to use as a breeding Rooster.  I can't have roosters, and he started to crow. Not just a screetch, it is a full out cockle doodle do.  I thought if I let him out a little later in the morning from the Omelet cube, as I read as a suggestion, he might not crow.  That was not the case, he just got much loader and crowed way longer.  I am sure it will be a matter of time for my neighbor on the otherside of the alley to call me in to the city, because they call everyone in for something.

I don't want him to be used as a fighting rooster, which I am afraid someone might take him just for that, and I really don't want him to be eaten.  I watched a video on how to kill a chicken and prepare them for eating, and I just can't do it, I would end up crying myself to sleep.

The picture was when he was 3 months old.  He is now 4 months old.

Any ideas, any suggestions ????

DSC08032 (2).JPG