Country girl

2 Coops

Hello. I have 4 big girls and 2 Silkies and all cooped together and free range in a very large enclosed pen. They all get along great. My problem is that the big girls are in such a hurry to come out in the morning that one of my little Silkies is being knocked off the perch and has been injured. So much so that she was very lame and had difficulty walking. She has been in isolation for 3 weeks and she is now walking again but with a bit of a limp. I have re purposed a rabbit hutch to use as a coop for the little Silkies. Is it possible to have 2 coops in the same pen and will it work? 

Two coops will work as they soon learn to go to bed in the one they are used to. Problems arise when they are too close together as they can get confused, so if you set them at opposite ends I think you will be OK. We used to have several coops in different corners of a large enclosure without problems. They quite happily ranged together, mostly staying in separate groups.

Thank you for your reply Beantree. As you can see from photo, (I hope) the new little coop is not that far from the bigger one. Sadly, this is the only place I can put it. My set up is a bit Heath Robinson LOL. Although the run is really quite large for 6 chickens, the covered area is the opposite. 
I have now placed my little Silkie in a dog crate outside in preparation for returning to the flock. I have been putting her and the other Silkie in the new little coop at night. Just hoping that they will learn to go in at night? 

9FA8528E-D878-4495-9135-36984A6795D0.jpeg

All you can do is try it CG. It looks like the large birds won't fit in the small coop and if one of the pair of silkies goes into the small coop the other should follow. The problems we had were large birds going into the wrong coop and then potentially fighting in the morning before they were let out. Of course I checked at night and moved them as necessary, which may be what you were going to do anyway?