Jax

Bluebell not laying

My Bluebell hen is two years old and was laying most days but has not laid at all for about two weeks now. She seems healthy, bright and alert so I don’t think she’s ill. I’ve only ever had rescue hens before and she is my first breed (along with a Sussex White and a Columbine, all bought at POL from the same breeder). Do Bluebells ‘take a rest’ from laying, does anyone know? Both the other girls are laying nearly every day so there’s nothing wrong with them. I’d be grateful for some advice/thoughts please.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:52 PM, Jax said:

My Bluebell hen is two years old and was laying most days but has not laid at all for about two weeks now. She seems healthy, bright and alert so I don’t think she’s ill. I’ve only ever had rescue hens before and she is my first breed (along with a Sussex White and a Columbine, all bought at POL from the same breeder). Do Bluebells ‘take a rest’ from laying, does anyone know? Both the other girls are laying nearly every day so there’s nothing wrong with them. I’d be grateful for some advice/thoughts please.

Any hen can take a break from laying. As long as she’s happy, healthy and doing her chicken business, I wouldn’t worry too much.

Might she be going broody?

• Thanks 1