Sallybooboo

One egg fertile (5th day), new hatching eggs set today. How effective if I pause 1st egg?

Good morning

As per the above, would like advice please, even if it's not what I want to hear ... I realise it maybe detrimental to the new hatching eggs if I add the only egg fertile from a previous brood as it is in it's 5th day, and so that is why I'd like advice about pausing this egg for a few hours ... will the process slow down enough for it not to hatch several days before the others are suppose to hatch?  If this happens which is probable, would mother hen sit tight for the other 6 eggs (I understand a hen can sense there is life and will sit until they hatch?)

Many thanks for reading, and hoping for responses.

I think it most likely she will abandon the other eggs after 24 hours, to get her hatched chick to food and water. You can't slow the hatch of that one down. The only option I see is to hatch the one and add it after the others have hatched, but I'm not sure if one on its own will cope for 5 days?

On 7/20/2022 at 10:11 AM, Beantree said:

I think it most likely she will abandon the other eggs after 24 hours, to get her hatched chick to food and water. You can't slow the hatch of that one down. The only option I see is to hatch the one and add it after the others have hatched, but I'm not sure if one on its own will cope for 5 days?

... just to add, food and water will be close by (in their go up), but appreciate it's a fair few days to wait for the rest to hatch.