Hi, we're hoping to get chickens again... probably about 3 medium sized ones. Choosing between the cube and go up...our main remaining questions are below would be glad of any advice!😊

(1) is the run area more spacious in the cube or the go up? The go up is narrower at the top, but i guess they dont use that space...

(2) does the coop easily lift off the run for transport to chicken sitters when we're away?

(3) can a coop be too large? I prefer the cube design but would 3 chickens feel lost in it?

(4)can 2 people move it fairly easily without the wheels and handles to save on cost?

(5)do they come with the food & water holders included?

Many Thanks!πŸ”

On 1/29/2023 at 10:19 PM, Saroula said:

Hi, we're hoping to get chickens again... probably about 3 medium sized ones. Choosing between the cube and go up...our main remaining questions are below would be glad of any advice!😊

(1) is the run area more spacious in the cube or the go up? The go up is narrower at the top, but i guess they dont use that space...

(2) does the coop easily lift off the run for transport to chicken sitters when we're away?

(3) can a coop be too large? I prefer the cube design but would 3 chickens feel lost in it?

(4)can 2 people move it fairly easily without the wheels and handles to save on cost?

(5)do they come with the food & water holders included?

Many Thanks!πŸ”

1) Cube run is quite a lot bigger than the Go Up run, but in both cases you would need extensions to house 3 medium sized hens. Aim for at least 1 square meter of run size per hen, but more is always better.

2) not really. It would require tools. Always transport chickens in something like a cat carrier. But moving a whole coop isn’t easy and certified not advisable for short stays at chicken sitters.

3) chickens will snuggle together if it’s too cold. And too big is always better than too small.

4) Think you will find this quite difficult. Not saying it can’t be done. But certainly the Cube is heavy. I have moved my Go Up with two people. That definitely is much easier than the Cube.

5)they do come with drinkers and feeders. But the simple white and red gravity drinkers are much more useable than those of Omlet.

Β