mariajames49

Wanted - 2 female Indian Runners -please help - East Sussex

Hi

Iam new to this forum and hope someone who keeps ducks might be able to help me out...

We are trying to get hold of two female indian runner ducks (in apricot or trout coloured) and wonder if you may know of someone who is selling some or needs a new home.

Also - we have set up a house with a 10ft x 8ft run for the ducks and hope this will be suitable for them - however were not sure what should be on the ground of the open run area? Can anyone help as currently it is just a lot of mud?? should we put some straw down or pea shingle to make it more comfortable for the ducks?

Hope you can help

Thanks

Hi Maria

Have you tried asking on the Practical Poultry forum? - you may have more luck there.

I wouldn't put anything on the run area unless it becomes impossible to get into to care for them! - or if the mud becomes too deep of course.

Our ducks are in an easily waterlogged run area but it has high points and they are quite happy with mud anyway. Their bed area must always be dry though.

If you really have to put something down on the ground then could you use some soil?

Wherabouts are you so that I can add it to the title?