Has the vet seen them?

I saw this on the CC forum

"The annual moult normally lasts upto 6 weeks, and birds don't normally lay during this period."

It was posted by 'ironson' who has many years of poultry keeping - and really knows about Quail.

I would have thought you would be able to see mite or bite marks from them.

But again - I am a beginner so not in a position to give personal advice. And also it is difficult for anyone to advice properly without seeing them I would have thought.

I just did a bit of searching to see if I could find anything conclusive to try and help - but failed :roll:

Hi

just thought i would post to tell you my good news about my quail. I clean them out every sunday morning along with the chickens and rabbit. when i cleaned them out last sunday there was nothing so a few days ago they must have started laying again because there were 7 little eggs and another about 30 mins ago, i have 3 quail so i guess it must have been a few days ago. i have been boosting them up with mealworms, tonic and mite spot on treatment plus powder in house and dust bath. but they are getting some feathers through now. :D:D