Starting to get excited now - cube should be arriving a week today :D:D:D

Will give me a new reason to stay in the house other than potty training son at the moment :cry: (having said that its going better than the last attempt :) )

Purple here we come. Come on cube - could be early :wink::wink:

Then only a few weeks until chickens :cry:

Hi Andrea,

I'm there with you. My cube and chooks are due to arrive Thurs 4th and I can't contain my excitment :dance: . I'm actually having trouble sleeping I'm that excited....this is worse than having a baby :D ! Just to show how sad I'm being, I'm taking half the week off so I can spend as much time with them initially :oops: .

Downside...I'm having nightmares about foxes :( and beginning to worry whether the chickens will be happy, get on, be healthy....the list is endless. Pathetic innit :roll: .

So what are you getting and how many?

Christine.

Downside...I'm having nightmares about foxes :( and beginning to worry whether the chickens will be happy, get on, be healthy....the list is endless. Pathetic innit :roll: .

No not pathetic at all - I have been dreaming about chooks for weeks. Thankfully not the foxes though :wink: I kept going from hybrids to pure breeds, how many etc.

So what are you getting and how many?

Christine.

Well deciding that we will be trying to get them all at once from the same breeder to avoid too many squabbles.... that means I can't get a Skyline as they won't be ready :cry:

I think we will be getting 6 and they will probably be (although jury not yet out and it may be down to the day and the hens :wink: ):

Bovans Goldline

Bovans Silver or Amber

Coral reef

Maran Cuivre

Maran Coucou (Spekeldy)

DH wants a Blackrock - might not be ready - he might just have to get a Bluebelle instead :lol:

Cube has been taken from my credit card - could arrive anytime now, although meant to be Wednesday. I work from home with two small kids so delivery shouldn't hopefully be a problem (work she says - not a lot of that happening this week!)

Oooh great selection...how many are you getting?

If a courier is delivery it to you then yeah, you're probably right you lucky thing, it will arrive early. That seems to be the case if you look at the recent poll posted. I'm sooooo jealous if it does, I would love my cube to arrive early :mrgreen: .

Because I've ordered mine with two chooks, Omlet will be delivery the coop so I doubt it will arrive early, but I guess 'all good things come to those that wait' so they say.

I can't belive we have only a few days to wait :lol::lol:

How exciting, you are not alone though - I can remember not being able to sleep and then when I did sleep I dreamt of chooks.

Delivery day is even worse,..pacing up and down and looking out the window every 5 seconds thinking "you've heard the omlet van" :lol:

WELL worth the wait though!

Oooh great selection...how many are you getting?

I think we will be getting 6 in total. Not sure if I will get quite what I want now though - it will depend what the breeder has :cry: Will go for quite a mixture though :wink: Looks like DH will get his BlackRock - breeder has some at the moment and I will put in an order for our chooks either this week or next :D:D:D

That's what I'm thinking of having 6 however slight dilemma now...discovered a neighbor of ours keeps all sorts of birds from exotic pheasant, quails and to my absolute delight large Buff Orpingtons, Bantams and Silkies...(by the way have you ever seen a Buff Orpington...they are massive, I'm 5ft2' and they came to above my knees! :shock: )

Anyway to cut a long story short, he is going to provide me with an incubator and Silkie eggs for my 4 yr old to enjoy hatching, we can keep what ever we want and he'll happily have what ever we don't. So I'm wondering whether to hold back on getting the 6 to make room for some possible Silkies.

Any sign of the delivery yet??? :dance: Aren't you getting really excited now?...I keep adding to my delivery, just added some Bokashi.

It arrived 10 minutes ago - whilst I was in the middle of painting the run doors.

:dance::dance::dance:

Boxes now locked up in our porch - will have to find somewhere to put them later this morning. Can't put it together for a few days as am out tonight and have the little ones with me today.

Silkies sound great, especially hatching them yourselves. I would love a Buff Orpington but am going with a nice local breeder and she doesn't do them. Hybrids for me :wink:

How are earth can you calmly put them aside :dance: I would be like a little kid at Christmas poking my noise into every box. How patient of you :)

I can't ..... so tempted to peek into the boxes - have opened one but it was just the netting (I ordered the 25 netting with poles as well). I just know if I open the boxes with the little ones around I will end up losing screws bolts etc..... Had to go out tonight otherwise I would have looked at it tonight. Meant to be going to a committee meeting tomorrow - maybe I could cry off :oops: and build it then :?