cathybc

Eglu easy to clean ? - DO believe the hype !

most of you will already know this, but for anyone reading who is thinking of taking the plunge - yes, the eglu IS really easy to clean.

I have just done the first weekly clean and it hardly took any time at all.

The girls were watching me from the run, and then jumped back in the eglu for a quick check - and seemed to approve !

I've just lent my old pea green Eglu to a forum member a few miles from here. It hadn't been cleaned in months as we'd just taken it out of the run when the girls went into the Cube and had left it, poo and all, shut up on the patio. I couldn't let anyone borrow it in this state so I gave it a good clean on Friday morning and despite being nearly 4 years old and very grubby, it came up like new! Even the roosting bars scrubbed up nicely. Didn't take long either :D .

What takes me so long about an entire monthly cleanout is actually the run - cleaning all the gungey hemcore out and replacing it with fresh, as I have to attack the eglu run from each end (and it's an extended run so I need to really stretch!!!!) The eglu itself is straightforward.......... :)

I was amazed at how easy it was to clean out the cube when I first got it. I just found it a bit of a stretch as I'm not very tall. Now that it has finally dawned on me that the back can be removed, it's even easier. Definately a good purchase!

I can be so dim sometimes :oops: