Seagazer

What to put on the run floor?

Hello everybody,

We are about to start clearing the site for the eagerly awaited cube and I am still worrying about what to use on the floor. I have told OH that aubiose has been suggested. We are worried that this might blow around the garden though. Does this happen? Sorry to ask silly questions :oops:

So are bark chips are not a good idea then? :roll:

Hello Seagazer

Your day sounds identical to ours!! We are going to start preparing the area and have decided on aubiose, with boards around the run to contain it.

After looking at all the pictures of runs, we have decided to position our cube and run on paving slabs, covered with aubiose and then let the girls free-range when we are at home.

I can hear B&Q calling.....itching to get down there, but must walk the dog first! :)

Thanks Eglutine and Nutmeg.

We've just sorted through the shed, all the rubbish is in the playhouse which is going to be taken down next weekend. This is where the girls will be going.

The sun is shining and hubby wants to go to the coast so we're off now to the caravan :? So much for getting it done!!!

I think the boards sound a good idea and we might try that.

Hope you have a lovely day at the coast, it's too good to miss on a day like today isn't it!

To be honest, the aubiose doesn't blow away (depends where your Cube or Eglu is situated I suppose), it's more that the girls tend to kick it out of the sides of the run. You might lose a bit to sudden puffs of wind, but it's the scratching that has more effect. Plastic lawn edging is great as a 'kickboard' though.