amy

shud i shut my bunnies in at night?

we only got the rabbits today and i dont know if i shud leave the door open at night for them to roam round the run? we dont have any mess on the floor so do u think they will dig out? they are ony 8 weeks old!!!!!

I leave mine out at night.

It wasnt really by choice, we put him in at night when we first got the rablu, but we got him in by basically tricking him in, then he wised up to it and sat in the middle of the run where i couldnt reach him, so after nights of stand offs i decided to let him stay out. Not too fussed as we have the ground net to stop him digging and the winter cover on to keep him dry, so he is happy enough.

It did trouble me at first, but he seems happy enough.

Years ago we had a rabbit (in the years before Omlet) who got foxed :cry:

You might find that your rabbit feels more confident if shut in the rablu.

If Rabbit (great name or what!) were still here now, we would only have the rablu door open at night if it were rabbit proofed by either floor netting or being on a solid base because she used to dig for Brittain :roll:

I am not concerned about the foxes digging their way in but rabbits digging their way out it another matter :roll:

thanks for all your advise i have been shutting them in at about 10pm and letting them out again at about 6.30am and they seem fine :lol: its all new to me and i just want to do the best by the rabbits :?