As some of you may know I've had a cube delivered :D It is missing roosting bars and a nest box divider :( and at the moment my girls refuse to lay in it.

This morning my daughter struggled to open the egg port door and I thought it was just her, but the locking handle just twists round and doesn't open :( infact it came off in my hand. I tried refitting it and it still won't open the eggport so the only way of checking is to put my head inside the door :(

I'm beggingin to wish I hadn't sold the red eglu and bought another instead of a cube.

Karen x

So sorry to hear of your problems with the Cube, Karen. When the Omlet man drove off, I was left with four hens to care for in an unfamiliar piece of equipment. Luckily for me, all went well. I hope that Omlet will sort this out for you very quickly.

In the meantime, can you make a temporary divider out of a large piece of cardboard with a hen-sized hole in the middle? Not ideal, of course.

The roosting bars would be more complicated of course, but if you don't DIY perhaps you can call upon a spouse, friend or neighbour who could make a temporary substitute.

Hope that your problems are soon solved. I am very happy with my Cube, despite one of the wheels having broken off yesterday. :roll:

Oh what a shame. Get onto Omlet first thing on Tuesday ( Why do these things always happen on a bank hol?) and demand that they send you a new door plus the other items immediately. Give them a deadline, and remind them that you have a 30day money back guarrantee with them.

That'll shift 'em.