syed_king12

chicken sneeze

We've got two girls that are sneezing too (Doris and Maisie). Maisie's nose is a bit snotty. I've ordered some citricidal so will give that a go, but do you think I should take them to the vets for some Baytril? And will the whole lot have to be treated?

I wonder if chickens get hayfever actually... :shock:

A couple of mine are sneezing at the moment (and so is one of the cats). I just add Citricidal to the water as Emma said and keep an eye on them.

They get colds just like we do, but listen to their breathing to make sure that they don't have a chest infection - they will be wheezing and bubbling if they have... then it's vet time for a dose of antibiotics.

Edited by Guest

When one of ours was sneezing and citricidal hadn't worked I spoke to our vet who thought that she has mycoplasma infection. This was also because one had sadly died the previous week. He injected her and her mate with Tylan. After a couple of days they were charging around again and all sniffles had gone. He said that he had seen a few with the disease lately. Sure yours is just a cold but always better to be safe than sorry if it hangs about. Hope all goes well