chanters

Chook with a puffy face

Hi!

One of my marans has developed a puffy face on one side. Her eyes are clear and bright with no discharge, she's continuing to lay and generally looks happy and healthy.

It's remained swollen for around 5 days now and there's not much improvement.

There are nettles within their pen which they do tend to avoid and I have spotted a few of my girls catching and eating, flies, wasps and bees. Do you think she may have been stung? I thought the swelling would have gone down by now though?

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

UPDATE:

Well my girl's still laying and looking her usual spritely and prissy self and still has a slightly puffy face.

I called up my vets for advice and they said that without seeing her, if she's bright and perky, with no discharge or any signs of abnormal growths, they suspect that it could be a result of being stung by a wasp or bee and it can take a while to go down. But all in all they said I shouldn't have to worry. They did say however that if it worsens or any growth develops that I should bring her in to be checked over.

However,I'll be in the pen this weekend though to trim back the ever invasive nettles! :doh:

Thanks for the replies so far! :)