*mummy_hen*

Feeling anxious - first trip to the vets this week *UPDATE*

Didn't want to have to, but think we may have to take one of our girls to the vets this week as she has developed a limp. We cheked her feet over and all seemed fine, but now i think we have realised it is her nails that are catching and causing her discomfort as they are just too long!!

I know people say you can do it yourself but as they are already sore, don't want to risk doing something wrong and hurting her more.

Would it be best to just take her or take one of the others with long nails along too so that she isn't on her own? Want to cause as little amount of stress as possible as they are all doing so well.....just hate to see her in discomfort as she is such a cutie!!

*UPDATE*

Just got back from taking Henrietta to the vets this morning, had knots in my stomach and was so nervous she would have a heart attack or somethin!! She wasn't phased at all and was good as gold!! He checked her over and has said she has no fractures or damage to her foot or bottom of her leg, he thinks she may have sustained an injury in the battery house and when she has been on her feet for a long time or catches it a bit funny this can flare up again. Ultimately though he said he had no reason to worry - phew!! :D

He also said he didn't think he nails were that excessively long, she may not be picking her feet up enough (linked to previous injury he though) which may be why she sometimes catches them but she is in no pain so he said to leave them to file down on their own now that they have free range time outside!!

Feeling much happier now :D

Edited by Guest

well done, that's another hurdle achieved and accomplished in your role as chicken mummy. If I ever have to go, will you come and hold my hand :?

well done and great news about your little girl :clap:

Are you all sick of me then? :(

I must admit i don't get much done with the girls around....

It's all your fault Tracy as i first got all excited when i met your girls at the hen party :D

no way are we sick of you! We've all been there and I'm sure all of us are glad to share our experience and help you out :D

xxxxxxxxxx