chooklady Posted June 4, 2008 Share Posted June 4, 2008 Can guinea pigs and chickens co-habit the same run? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
moochoo Posted June 4, 2008 Share Posted June 4, 2008 I think it would be safer for the guinea pigs to be separate from the chickens. Chickens like to have a pecking order and can be very dominant about their space. I would think the poor guineas may get pecked a lot and jumped on which could lead to injuries or deaths if blood is spilt. Chickens have an obsession about pecking blooded areas. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chooklady Posted June 4, 2008 Author Share Posted June 4, 2008 That's fair enough, just wondered. Hadn't really though about them getting pecked!! Silly me. I don't have either at the moment so it was purely hyperthetical. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 4, 2008 Share Posted June 4, 2008 I wouldn't risk it myself. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hils78 Posted June 4, 2008 Share Posted June 4, 2008 I think there is a certain bacteria carried by chickens that is particularly harmful to guineas so I wouldn't advise....going to rack my brains now to remember what it is! Guineas are delicate little souls - only animal other than humans who can't produce their own vit C ---apparantly! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...