:D:D :DEglu arrived today I'm so excited, that means my girls cannot be far behind. I'm so anxious I can hardly stand it. I just have one question...Is the hole in the nesting box a security risk, should I maybe put chicken wire down under the Eglu or am I being overly cautious?

The hole is for drainage when you clean out the Eglu.

If you plan to keep the Eglu in a fixed place and have rats about (who doesn't these days?) it's a good idea to put the Eglu itself on slabs: nothing can then burrow up from underneath and try to gnaw the hole.

Im waiting on my eglu delivery as well - I was just wondering did you order the chickens from omlet as well? If so, why are they turning up after the eglu?

Easy mistake to make ... have you noticed where Angels4 lives :wink: ? Remarkably they post their chickens in the US but can't see the Royal Mail managing that :lol: .

Edit: there was another post from her explaining the Omlet delivery over there - eglu comes by bus and chickens by post :shock: .

Welcome Angels4 you will love how easy the eglu is to clean. Are you going to be able to freerange the chickens I found that the run was to small for them to spend all day confined. I wish they would offer us some of the extras available in the UK like the run converter and extension.

Thanks so much for the congratulations. I've wanted to keep chickens for ever and am finally living in the country ( after years of living in a major US city). I thought it so strange that they send chilckens through our post office or "snail mail" as we affectionatley call it in the US (by the sound of some of the posts here your post service must be similar)

They send the chickens aprox. 2 weeks after you have recieved your Eglu, that way the Eglu will be set up and ready to go. Apparently I will recieve a call the day the girls are sent out and the next day I stop by the post office and collect them. My Eglu arrived via Greyhound bus which I've been told is the most cost effective form of delivary.