Chooken Posted June 23, 2008 Share Posted June 23, 2008 I've been looking at this site: http://www.cambridgepoultry.co.uk/poultryforsale.htm and I have to say, I'm a tad confused. I am looking at buying Light Sussex hens, but on this websites it labels it as 2 different groups. It says; Available as growers (8 Weeks Old) for £10.00 each. Point of Lay available on 15th July 2008 Does anyone here know the difference between 'Growers' and 'Point of Lay'? Thanks in advance =] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted June 23, 2008 Share Posted June 23, 2008 The growers are younger chickens between 8 weeks and 16/18 weeks old. Point of Lay are from 16/18 weeks onwards. (Not too sure about whether it is 16 or 18 weeks as breeders vary in what they call point of lay, but it gives you an idea) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 23, 2008 Share Posted June 23, 2008 Growers are ages about 5/6 weeks to 18 weeks. Point of lay is from 18 weeks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chooken Posted June 23, 2008 Author Share Posted June 23, 2008 Oh, thank you I thought 'Growers' would be something along the lines of that, but I wasn't sure Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckbok Posted June 23, 2008 Share Posted June 23, 2008 My hub rang them the other day (we didn't even get our hens from there) for a bit of advice and they were very friendly and helpful. We shall be going there for future purchases. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...