Lapinou Posted June 25, 2008 Share Posted June 25, 2008 How do I stop them pooing in the nesting box? I'd read that putting a brick in there at night helped, so we've done that the last two nights, but they just ended up sleeping on the brick!!! Any other clever tricks I can try? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MedusA Posted June 25, 2008 Share Posted June 25, 2008 I think I've read about using a football or an upturned flower pot. Not that I've ever tried that. I just poo-pick the nest every morning. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
beach chick Posted June 25, 2008 Share Posted June 25, 2008 same here, I just let them get on with it. interestingly, the babies (now 12 wks) have never slept or pooed in the nest. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chucknette Posted June 25, 2008 Share Posted June 25, 2008 Hi Mine used to sleep in the nest box but I just let them get on with it and poo picked in the mornings. When they started to lay they then slept on the roosting bars and I have never had to poo pick since. The aubiose dries it up pretty quick so it does make the nest box pretty clean after poo picking. I used to do this as soon as I let them out so that the nest box was ready for the eggs. Best wishes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...