New Girl Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 I've just cleaned my Eglu out for the first time (I got it 2nd hand last week with it's 2 occupants), once I removed the poop tray I saw a little red spider (looked like the red spiders you get in the garden) would this be a red mite? I also saw a grey thing that looked like a small head lice (yes we've had them!!), could this be a lice? I've red mite powdered everywhere and put quite a lot in the nesting box with the shreaded hemp, can you use too much? I've also ordered Eprinex today so as soon as that arrives they will be done along with Panacur for worms. Suzi Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 You've got it all covered Suzi and you're doing the right thing. See if you can get Poultry Shield - use it to rinse the eglu down once you've cleaned it. Do you have a pressure washer, or would you like to borrow mine? Sounds like you have got it early - it may just have been red spider mites, which are completely different, but it's best to be safe. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...