Surfnirvana

bubbles from nose?

Hi there

I've had my 4 lovely ladies for 2 months and have to say it's the best thing we've ever done. They are all laying 1 egg a day and doing really well.

Except, I noticed today that Louie had a bubble coming from one of her nostrils and her beak was caked in mud. I cleared it off with damp cloth (which of course she wanted to eat!) :roll: , but she still has a slightly runny nose.

Her breathing is OK and apart from a snotty nose, seems fine - laying, scratching, eating, drinking and generally enjoying herself.

Should I be worried? Should I wait and take her to the vets on Monday? Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

Does sound like she may have the beginnings of a cold. As Egluntine says, try some citricidal in the water, I find it's great for clearing up the sneezes. Providing she remains well there should be no need to go to the vet. If she deteriorates and the symptoms get worse, it would be worth a visit as she may need antibiotics. Hope she gets well soon :D

Hiya

Just wanted to let you know that I took Louie to the vets last Friday. She still had a runny nose which hadn't improved for 7 days. The vet gave her an injection, a good look over and I'm now giving her anitbiotics every day by syringe. A quick £42, but she is worth it :shock:

Her runny nose cleared up within 24 hours which is great! :D None of the others have caught her cold (yet), but am keeping an eye on them.

Thanks for all your advice - it really helped.

:):)

Lynne x