judith67

Pink goo in poo

We had our first egg yesterday, but none this morning. There was a bit of poo in the nesting boxes and as I cleaned them out i noticed one had pink/orange coloured jelly in it. I thought it might be blood but its not really red enough. I searched on the forum and i think its more likely over indulgance in slug as they have had quite a few thrown in by me over the last 2 days :oops: , only because they loved eating them and i loved seeing them fight over them :oops:

Have i over indulged them do you think? They didnt seem to eat and drink as much in general yesterday but then it was very hot. They seem ok otherwise this morning

It could be!

Also occasionally they shed the lining of their gut and it looks as you describe.

As long as they are bobbing about and are eating and drinking, I wouldn't worry too much.

If you feed them slugs it is a good idea to worm them every so often as slugs are an intermediate host for many of the internal parasites that affect poultry, as are garden worms.