katieandnick

Whinging neighbours

OH came downstairs and said he heard our birds whingeing this morning, so out I ran in a panic in case of upsetting the neighbours (I didn't hear them at all). It was 9.30. I always let them out into the cube run at 9 (which is usually about 8.45/50ish), so really that isn't an unreasonable time, bearing in mind people have had builders start at 7.30 - and sometimes at 7 - in this area (including neighbours) and those that mow their lawns at 8! The girls are quite happy to be let out at that time - they don't make a sound apart from the queueing system shuffle prior to the door opening. Then most people's chickens are in bed long before the dogs and children - and the drunken revellers yelling along the street at 1.30am! So why do we all worry when the hens make a little noise now and again (that can be easily drowned out by others)? Ours aren't laying yet, so I am really worried about that next step.

I wouldn't worry to much about them making any more noise when laying.. I did but they are just the same except for Burger making a bit a crowing annoucement when she lays.. but this is early pm and for less than a minute so not a problem :D

Thanks Lou

I guess it's because they are slightly unorthodox "pets" and it is so awful to see people having to rehome their girls because of their neighbours, like Lynn and Mum2boy's horrible neighbour constantly complaining - it's quite stressfull. You are so lucky Lou with yours.

After next door adding to our fence, one of his cats was in our garden again (although it panicked when she found her escape route blocked HAH)!

Only 3 years before we move.