bokbokbok Posted August 5, 2008 Share Posted August 5, 2008 There are only two distributors of Hemcore in Northern Ireland. One of them is less than 4 miles from my house but they are out f stock and didn't know when they would have stock again. The other one is miles away but DID have *some* stock the woman on the phone informed me. This morning I drove all the way to their yard cursing DH for NOT leaving the sat-nav out of the other car as I asked him to and managing to get lost on the way. When I found the place it was the most run-down, over-grown place I have been to for a long time with no signs up as to where to go. I spotted a person looking at me through a window and parked up in front of it to try the door next to the window. It had blinds drawn and was not in the least inviting but it WAS open. The women in the office barely smiled, telling me the yard was round the back and the store manager would be there so just to drive on round. It was like a dodgem course getting round to the back with piles of old pallets and rubbish in the drive way and then several large piles of feed and shavings etc. I parked up and loitered for a few minutes waiting for the manager to see me but after a while I realised I could have lifted anything in to the back of the car and been off with it - there was no one there! I saw two burst bags of Hemcore and thought they had perhaps left them out for me knowing I was on my way. It didn't look all that impressive. The bags were ripped and the contents looked a bit damp. Knowing that Hemcore is supposed to be made wet for horses I realised that these bags weren't going to be the end of the world but - these were my first bags for my new run and I would have liked for the contents to have been dry FINALLY I saw at the back of the store there was an office and made my way there, finding the manager sitting reading a paper and peeling an orange. This guy turned out to the best thing about the place! He was really lovely, loads of enthusiasm for Hemcore, chickens and Hemcore being used with chickens. He told me of a couple of other things Hemcore is being used for and when I asked him if he had any bags other than the burst ones he told me not to worry - there was a whole delivery of them over there *pointed*. He threw two bags in to the back of the car. I made the joke "You don't want to get rid of those burst bags? I would take them off your hands too if you like?" and then he threw them in the back of the car too - even going to the lengths of finding tape to close the second bag which was spilling all over the place. So on a *BOGOF* basis this Hemcore is a big hit with me already *hoping for chickens tonight* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted August 5, 2008 Share Posted August 5, 2008 Well done. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hen Watch Posted August 5, 2008 Share Posted August 5, 2008 Am I The Jammiest Dodger You Ever Did Meet? Yes....... What a bargain. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tiggy Posted August 5, 2008 Share Posted August 5, 2008 good for you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Troy Posted August 5, 2008 Share Posted August 5, 2008 I'm just imagine him in a pair of dungarees with a toothless grin and sucking on 'tabacca' with another similar figure playing the banjo in the background... great about the Hemcore though! troy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...