Louise

Gardening Scotland

Hi I know most of you are frown the Deep South but are any of the more Northerm Omleteers going to Gardening Scotland this weekend :?:

I am going on Saturday as a treat for my mum. She is the real gardener in the family and she is the reason mine looks nice all I have to do is maintain it :lol:

Just though I would ask :!::!::lol:

Hi Becka,

Yes it is held every year at the Royal Highland Show Ground at Ingliston next to Edinburgh Airport and it is held about 6 weeks before the Royal Highland show.

It is just gardening there is none of the livestock. It is a mini version of Chelsea really but you can buy the plants and there are lots of stands selling all sorts of equipment from pots through greenhouses and even Jacuzzis if you have the space and the cash :lol:

I went with my mum and we went round everything twice in about 4-5 hours. The show gardens were nice not a patch on Chelsea and its a good job I only drive a small car or I would have really overspent :oops:

I enjoyed the day but it is a little expensive to get in £18 (you can get advance tickets cheaper) but children go free.

There is another show at Camperdown near Dundee which doesn't have the show gardens just the sales and display stands which is much cheaper to get into I am not sure when it may have already happened but i can find out if you want as one of my work colleagues shows his vegetables there :shock:

Hi again Becka

I checked the dates for Camperdown with Jim and its the 2/3/4th September at Camperdown park near Dundee. I've never been but my mum who lives in Dundee says it is quite good and it is no where near as expensive as gardening scotland 8)