laurmurf

'Festival Of The Plough' poultry show - 21 Sept - we're back

Anyone heard of this show? Been?

As we've all become hen-mad we've been looking for poultry shows to go to and found this one on a bantam website (yes, i confess, I've looked at other chicken websites - but my heart belongs to omlet). It's in Epworth, near Doncaster, on Sunday.

YD, helly, has taken a fancy to Malays (!) and wants to see if there are any breeders there. Do you think Omlet would design a cube the size of a semi to keep some in, if i asked nicely?

We've also booked to go to the 'Countryside Alive' agricultural show run by Yorkshire Agricultural Society - tha nice folk who run t'Yorkshire show - in October. Poultry again... :D

Edited by Guest

We're just back from the show and we had a fabulous time! It was just like being in a ML episode of the Archers - i kept expecting Bert Fry to turn up!

There was, as you can imagine, lots of ploughing that turned out to be fascinating to watch. The best bit, of course, was the poultry show: we'd only read about some of the breeds shown so were amazed and delighted to see them in RL.

My kids are desperate for Orpingtons but i'm not sure that the Cube could cope with them (even the bantam orpingtons are bigger than my hybrids). But OH and I are wildly keen on the bantam Moden Game chooks - they are just delightfully dinosaur-ish and cheeky looking.

the egg show was amazing too: beautiful range of colours including plain-chocolate-coloured eggs from (i think) Marans, they were just gorgeous! :drool:

Having seen all these super-models we were more than delighted to come home to our lovely girls who treated us to our very first 3 egg day! :clap: