garyhere

Today's the day!!!

Sorry, Gary, slight change of topic, but I've been squinting at your avatar- and it looks familiar, but I can't work out what it is, although I really have the feeling that I should know, and that I've seen it somewhere before :oops: Please put me out of my misery :oops:

Yes, chickens like eating out of your hand- and eating your hand, fingers, toes, rings and any painted nails. Lovely :roll:

Mine though will eat off anything, really not fussy, partial to plates, mugs, wine glasses, cat & rabbit food bowls, the contents of those items, not the utensils themselves :roll: . I'd love to claim that they were all organic- I simply can't because they eat anything they can find that is actually unguarded. We all have to be extremely vigilant if eating anything in the garden unless we actually want to share it, otherwise 3 uninvited beaks sneak in there :roll:

yep, its Rumours... love the Mac!

well they seem to be settling in. dylan still tooo interested. but they are quite brave around me and my partner. still no sign of who is top dog yet... alternates between the 2 of 'em.

cleaned them out today and after it was all nice and clean they wouldn't go back in the house.... kept poking their heads in but never going in... until dylan appeared and the eglu suddenly seemed very desirable! lol

oh and tried them on spaghetti today, which they loved... only thing they haven't like too much is marmite on toast.... good! more for me! :D

can't wait for the weekend when i can spend a whole 2 days with them... only see them first thing and evening, but then they go to bed so not much interaction!!!

gonna post a question in the chicken forum re: ash!!!

:?

i suppose i should start to add posts to other parts of the forum now, as i've had the girls for a few days... but before i do, could i just ask a quick question?

when the guy from Omlet set everything up for us, he filled the peanut with the groth food.... that was tuesday and i still haven't had to fill it up yet!!! is this normal? are they eating enough of the good stuff?

The peanut holds enough mash for 2-3 days so don't expect them to wolf it all down in one day (unless they're my greedy girls, that is!!) It should need topping up soon though so keep an eye on them.

Glad it's going OK and you're getting brave enough to visit other parts of the forum :wink: ! Keep on with the good work!