ClareH Posted June 5, 2009 Share Posted June 5, 2009 I've had my girls almost 2 weeks now and all is going really well (once we clipped their wings after Frank flew over a 6 foot fence and ended up in next door's dining room). I wanted to know the best way of cleaning their poo from the grass, is it just going around and picking it up or is there some other trick? My wee question is about the idea of deterring foxes, my husband is not at all keen to wee in the middle of our overlooked suburban garden (especially after the chicken in the dining room incident) but my 4 year old is dead keen - is child wee as effective as fully grown man?? Thank you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daj198 Posted June 5, 2009 Share Posted June 5, 2009 Hi Clare I use a plastic pronged rake to move the poo into the flower beds. The plants like this and it keeps the grass in good nick! I'm going to be trying the wee idea to deter foxes soon... we've got a fox visiting a couple of times a week at the moment. I don't think a child's urine would work though... I believe it's the testostorone that deters the fox. I hope this helps. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
poachedegg Posted June 5, 2009 Share Posted June 5, 2009 We have a scoop (pink ), which we use to flick the poos into the borders - OH says they should make it an Olympic sport, he's that good at it now! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted June 5, 2009 Share Posted June 5, 2009 I have a pair of 99p tongs from asda which I pick up the poos with and they go into OH's compost bin. Best 99p I ever spent, got the idea off here but cant remember who from, sorry but you know who you are so thank you very much Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
littleleicesterfox Posted June 5, 2009 Share Posted June 5, 2009 You could get DH to wee into a jug inside and then spread it around outside using the jug? It'd be just as effective Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Newmarcell Posted June 5, 2009 Share Posted June 5, 2009 Hi ClareH, I put rubber gloves on and 'poo pick' each morning or before we have visitors! As for the OH weeing... save an empty milk / drink bottle and ask your OH to do his duty in the privacy of your own home. Then all you have to do is empty it around the fences, and your neighbours are non the wiser! Newmarcell Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...