Yolky

Guinea pig hutch/run photos please

Hi there

My 6 girls (white guinea)(white guinea)(white guinea)(guinea)(guinea)(brown guinea) live in a converted shed with a big wire run, the Pekin family (white chicken)(white chicken)(white chicken)GNR live at the bottom of their garden in a converted rabbit hutch :D

Heres a few pics to show you:

The guinea pigs shed is the nearest to you.

Guineapigsshedetc.jpg

This inside the shed, it has 2 sections (we used to have boys) but now use it for looking after other peoples guinea pigs (brown guinea)

Guineapigsshedetc001.jpg

They have a hatch which I open in the morning and they can go in and out as they please during the day.

Here's my girls, Katie, Alesia, Marble, Mable, Fleur & Gabriella

Guineapigsshedetc002.jpg

The hatch outside (please excuse the dumped greenery :doh: cut the bush back and haven't taken it away yet)

Guineapigsshedetc003.jpg

Their run

Guineapigsshedetc005.jpg

The bantams hutch at the bootom of the run

Guineapigsshedetc004.jpg

Hope you like my set-up

Dyan xx

Thank you so much for posting that RubyMurray because I am going to do what you have done, its perfect!

Last week we managed to bag a bargain shed and base which is 6foot x 4foot (£124!). It isn't big enough for my husbands needs (he would really love a workshop sized shed) and so we were just going to use it for storing all the chicken/guinea pig stuff to get it out of the hall way. Anyway I just showed the husband your set up and we have decided to make half of the shed into a guinea piggie area and use the other half (and add a shelf) for storing chicken/guinea pig stuff. Also over the weekend we had ordered a roll of weldmesh from Hills Of Devon to make a run, we can now make a run to attatch to the shed, perfect!!!

Thank you so much for posting your pictures :D I am really excited now.

*potters off to wonder how many piggies could live in the shed and run* :whistle::lol:

Hi,

Glad you like the pics.

Inside the shed also (not shown on photo) is a wide shelf with a hutch on (just incase I need another bed for someone :lol: ) and bits n bobs.

As you open the shed theres a square you can step into the shed and its big enough for a huge bale of sawdust and a big bag of Gerty too. The hay is in the seperate store shed at the side of the house which holds all my chicken food and a bale of straw :whistle:

Well I can fit 6 girls in mine no probs and could prob fit a few more in too :dance: Thats another trip to the RSPCA in the future.

Dyan x