jlo Posted July 1, 2009 Share Posted July 1, 2009 Bella laid her first egg today. We thought that the time was coming as she has been crouching for a couple of weeks and her comb has been getting bigger. The only worry is that there seemed to be some blood streaked on it. This didn't happen with any of the other three girls but I wonder whether it is reasonably common for a first egg. I am pretty sure that she is not being pecked as she is kept in with her newbie friend and the bullying on freeranging is defiinitely not too bad. Any tips would be welcomed! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 1, 2009 Share Posted July 1, 2009 I don't think it's anything to worry about if it's just a one off. Keep an eye on subsequent eggs - I'm sure they'll be OK . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...