TAJ Posted July 5, 2009 Share Posted July 5, 2009 My new girls must have been born early Jan, so thinking it is about time I saw an egg or two, but they are slow growing pure breeds - so can anyone tell me at what point their Cream Legbar, Dorking or Barnvelder started to lay. ONly a couple of months to the end of the season probably for these pure breeds and it would be nice to have at least 1-2 lay something before next year. I have read Dorkings mainly lay in spring/early summer, but can take up to 2 years to fully mature. Tracy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted July 5, 2009 Share Posted July 5, 2009 My Warren Donna didn't lay until she was about 33 weeks old, so don't worry too much! I have heard that some take until they are 40 weeks. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted July 5, 2009 Share Posted July 5, 2009 My pure breeds were 9-10 months before they laid. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...