ems123 Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Hi, I have got it all wrong I am getting an eglu but would prefer it to be bigger so I am using the run converter if you use this do you have to use a run extension? I am really confused please help, I can't afford both run converter and extension buying the eglu and ducks aswell! Emma ____________ _________________________________________________________| |_____ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Hi The standard eglu run is angled so it gets taller as it goes away from the eglu...a but like a cone. The convertor is used to level it out.....so the covertor still adds 1m extra to the run. You can then add an extention to give another metre. You can use just a convertor but you can`t use an extention without a convertor first. Hope that makes sense Em Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 7, 2009 Share Posted July 7, 2009 It makes sense to me Em is right....you'll be fine with the added convertor and then perhaps you can buy the extension at a later date. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ems123 Posted July 9, 2009 Author Share Posted July 9, 2009 Hi, I'm getting the and run converter if I get it can I put more ducks it has for just eglu and run? Hope this makes sence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Emma =-) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miller30 Posted July 10, 2009 Share Posted July 10, 2009 Hi i would only put 2 ducks in a eglu at the most i prefer wooden houses for ducks but other people like eglus its up to you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 10, 2009 Share Posted July 10, 2009 Hi Agree with Miller but it probably depends if you are going to keep a heavy breed as I visitied a lady with just one Aylesbury in an eglu and normal run & felt sorry for the duck(no pond/water etc to put its head in). It was quite an upright bird so just looked too big.. I would only keep a couple of Aylesburys in an eglu as ducks actually sit in the muck on the floor it doesnt drop through bars like chickens...but if it was a smaller duck you probably would get away with another one??? I def cleaned the ducks more than the chickens I now have.. indie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...