Porkypie Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 Hello. I have a covered run with woodchip flooring but due to introducing a new chook have built an extension to the side, currently on grass but rapidly disappearing This area has a mesh roof and I was wondering if I could put Easibed down once the grass has gone? Or does that require a covered run to stop the rain getting in? Linked to this I was hoping for this to be a low maintenance run floor cover that would be OK for two weeks when I go on holiday. I'm not sure I can expect my neighbour to poo pick the run Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
atsw Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 If Easibed is anything like Aubiose, then you will need it to be covered. The stuff is designed to soak up liquid. It does a great job on localised wetness (i.e. poo and mild dampness), but if soaked I think it will just swell up and then be useless. If it is covered it will easily last two weeks without any poo picking. I've just changed the Aubiose in my WIR after three months and it was amazing. Poo is just turned to dust in hours, quite incredible. In the whole three months I hardly ever had to poo pick, really only made an effort in the last few weeks, once the weather got a little warmer and I could start to smell it was time for a change of bedding. Andrew Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Porkypie Posted July 6, 2009 Author Share Posted July 6, 2009 Many thanks Andrew. Maybe I should also cover the extension and go with that - it sounds superb!! Could I put it straight onto earth or would that get too damp? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 6, 2009 Share Posted July 6, 2009 I use Easibed in my walk in run too and it's fab . Even when it gets damp at the edges when it's raining, it soon dries up and I agree with Andrew, the poo just disappears . I've not done a complete clean out since my run was put up in March (although I do poo pick almost daily) and even now it's not that bad at all . I would put a cover over your extension if I were you though! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...