Busybird Posted July 9, 2009 Share Posted July 9, 2009 When I emptied the poo tray yesterday there was a strange 'thing' in it. It was the size and shape of a small dog poo but dirty yellow. I lifted it up and it was fairly solid and dry - not runny or slimy or crumbly but easily broken in two. I can't think that it could have come from anywhere but the chicken's but it looks like nothing I have seen before. Could a chicken lay this? Should I be worried? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stoice Posted July 9, 2009 Share Posted July 9, 2009 It was probably a 'lash', they look pretty gross. This should help... Clicky thingy (Beware icky piccy enclosed) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted July 9, 2009 Share Posted July 9, 2009 Yup, sounds like a lash to me . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Busybird Posted July 9, 2009 Author Share Posted July 9, 2009 This forum is wonderful Thank you for replies and links - it looked like the pictures of a 'lash' (never heard of that one before - more chicken knowledge acquired ). Now, I wonder which one of my chicken's laid it... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...