house-elf Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 I got some flubenvet premedicate mixture the other day, but I can't underatand the instructions ! I only have two hens and am unsure how much to give them. Can anyone give me a hand with it ????? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Tilytinkle Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 Hello there House elf Well it confused me too, although I use the powder?! Is yours the powder? A little while agao so clever person came up with the wondeful Grape Method & Ive kinda stuck to that although maybe I'm not as accurate as I could be. But basically, hope I've remembered correctly, I use 1 grape per chook, cut it in half, dip the halves lightly into the Flubervet then feed 1 grape to each chicken. You will find this much easier with 2 as opposed to 8 which sometimes didnt work out quite as I planned!!! Now I'm more than aware even one chicken can JUMP . knock and remove all grapes from hand & devour the whole lot!!! Maybe do a search for Grape method to confirm or maybe someone else will have better memory & more exact method . . shame family planning isn't as easy he he Ms Tilywishesyouawonderfuldayfullofsmiles Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 Is it the 1% or the 2.5%? If it is the 1% the ratio is one scoop to 2kg feed. If it is the 2.5 % the ratio is half a teaspoonful to 2 kg feed. This ratio to be fed over 7 days (limit treats), and discard any medicated feed after the course. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Tilytinkle Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 Hello Dear Egluntine Now you've got me looking at mine, me too awaiting your answer before my chickens next dose of worming! Ms Tilyhopesyou(glutine)andyoursarewell.Here,schoolsout-we'renowalljustwaitingwithfingerscrossedforresults!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
house-elf Posted July 13, 2009 Author Share Posted July 13, 2009 Is it the 1% or the 2.5%? If it is the 1% the ratio is one scoop to 2kg feed. If it is the 2.5 % the ratio is half a teaspoonful to 2 kg feed. This ratio to be fed over 7 days (limit treats), and discard any medicated feed after the course. mine is the 2.5% mixture, so all I have to do is mix half a teaspoon to 2kg feed ? That doesn't seem alot ! Is that per bird ? As I don't think mine will eat 2 kg of food between them in a week ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sjp Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 if you work on 120 grams per hen per day 2 hen should need 1.6kg for the week can't you tell I've got to do mine 2 big girls this week Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted July 13, 2009 Share Posted July 13, 2009 so all I have to do is mix half a teaspoon to 2kg feed ? That doesn't seem alot ! Is that per bird ? As I don't think mine will eat 2 kg of food between them in a week ! That is the ratio of Flubenvet to feed. You can scale it down further if you wish, ie 1/4 tsp Flubenvet per 1 kg feed. One bird is not expected to eat 2kg of feed in one week. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
house-elf Posted July 17, 2009 Author Share Posted July 17, 2009 thanks for your advice - i shall be getting my big scoop out tomorrow morning in preparation ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sjp Posted July 17, 2009 Share Posted July 17, 2009 stared my 2 big girls on tuesday mixed 1kg they ate that in 3 days had to mix another 1kg this morning and they've been out more this week due to me being on holiday Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...