Sarah T Posted October 17, 2009 Share Posted October 17, 2009 I have 2 , Peggy and Penny and 1 , Pepper and one of my , (Penny) is the last in the pecking order and is literally being pecked on by the other 2 and i'm really worried as I keep finding feathers and seeing the other 2 pecking out her feathers!! WHAT CAN I DO? The poor little thing looks a mess and i'm frightened it will eventually kill her. PLEASE HELP PENNY!! Thank you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted October 17, 2009 Share Posted October 17, 2009 You could try separating her or separating the worst of the bullies (if you have the means to do so). If they are drawing blood you need to disguise it (with purple spray from a horse shop) or they will keep pecking her (and you're right, they could really hurt her ). There are a couple of other options: Ukadex (an anti-peck spray) or bumper bits. Sorry, I've got to run, we're off tomorrow for a week. Hopefully someone else will be along to help you. Good luck . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckingmad Posted October 17, 2009 Share Posted October 17, 2009 Hi there petal, Tragically I've just experienced exactly how much damage chooks can do to each other - I'd go with a multipronged attack (!) - separate the worst of the bullies for about a week, fit them with bumper bits (be warned, they can sometimes get them off - my lot did ) AND apply a liberal amount of anti-peck spray! The purple spray will mask the colour of the blood, they have a pathological attraction to blood and will keep on pecking at it once blood is visible... best of luck, am keeping fingersc rossed for yuo and your girl, Carolyn x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 18, 2009 Share Posted October 18, 2009 Separation and bumperbits are the route I'd take too. Divide and conquer.....remove one bully, and then after a week, swap them over. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...